Note: In order to download the Adobe Captivate 4.0.1 patch choose Help > Updates
Audio Quality improvement
- In Captivate 4, some users observed poor audio quality in the published movie. We’ve addressed all the elements that caused this issue. With this patch you will see a noticeable improvement in the audio quality.
- Captivate failed to recognize USB microphones on the Vista OS. Also, in some instances, specific sound cards were not recognized. Both these issues have now been resolved in the patch.
- In Captivate 4, the navigation option ‘open another project’ was based on an absolute path. This led to issues when these linked projects were published and moved to a different location. This has now been resolved.
- We have worked on an important productivity issue. Now it’s possible to insert objects at the exact position the playhead is on. This is helpful for content developers as they can easily play the slide on timeline, pause the slide at a specific time, and insert objects at the playhead position.
- Few customers had reported memory leak issues while inserting and editing images. These have been investigated. The leak was significant only in a specific case and has been resolved now.
- There was some degradation in the image quality when images were resized inside Captivate 4. This patch will help address this.
- Captivate now picks up the title name from Project preferences > Project name section. This name appears as the HTML title when the project is published and viewed in a browser.
- This addresses a specific scenario in LMS reporting. We have worked on the way the question type data is reported to LMS systems.
- Some PPT files containing Master templates were getting corrupted once published from Captivate 4. This has now been resolved.
- Widget template had a few undefined variables which created compiling problems. This has been sorted out in this patch update.